An anglophone from the west. A francophone town. Hoo boy.

Friday, March 21, 2008

this one goes out to all you teachers...

Week one as a Math teacher is finished. Two more weeks, possibly more, to go. If it was just about teaching math, things would be fine. But of course, I'm teaching that very special age group -- grades 7 through 9. Yikes. These kids need more than a replacement math teacher. Yesterday I had a steady stream of other teachers stopping in to see how I was doing, maybe to make sure I wouldn't leave and never come back. Yes, it's that kind of group of kids I have. Lots of serious behaviour problems. All the teacher shuffling hasn't helped them.

Let's put it this way: I'm glad I have a four day weekend. And to all you people I know and love that do this every day -- wow. You guys are amazing.

No comments: